Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I Clickin'

Mark, JD and I got the i-clickers from Dr. Pelton today. I tested them out, and they work fine. Although, there is tonnes of other functions, but I think we should just show the basic answering question funtion, and graphing the answer function. Then we could talk about some of the other testing and grading stuff in the presentation. Steve, it has recording and grading embedded in the system, so you can mention something about it in your write up.
Leslie also mention something about 'hot potatoes' and 'construction' software. Something we can research, also Mark wrote some stuff down about it..

anyways....goood luck

GB

kyle

5 Comments:

Blogger steve-q said...

sounds good Kyle... does it require a computer to process the results? can it display them on the projector? (would your or my mac to the job)?

I will mention something about the recording and grading embedded in the system.
Also about construction software... is that test construction software?
I got a program called LXR-Test that is a test construction program that I am thinking of using myself. It has memory banks of questions that you can add to, and also pick and choose question you want to make a test with. I managed to get a hold of a bunch of memory banks of questions that teachers from my school have already made for different grades... sorta handy for passing on of good information.

12:04 AM

 
Blogger Mark said...

When it comes to I-clicker, hot potatoes - I will be talking about them as an in-class assessment tool - kyle, how much are you planning to cover on the I-clickers? Are you just talking about them as a quiz tool?

8:44 AM

 
Blogger Kyle said...

Steve-ya you need a computer to process the results, I got the I-clicker software from leslie and i have intstalled it on my mac. so, we can use that or it is pretty small and easy to transfer. so , if we want to use yours we can too.
Also, with that test construction, LXR-test how much are you covering with that, because that would be great also to mention in the test-quiz section?

Mark-Not covering that much of I - clicker, just talking about the potential to use it has a testing tool.

word

9:36 AM

 
Blogger steve-q said...

Kyle,

I was going to just start describing LXR Test to you, but it would be easier if you just went to their website.
They have a bunch of info on it about all the things you can do. I will touch on the recording and analyzing part of it a little bit, but other than that, it applies to the section you are doing much more. here is the link

http://www.lxrtest.com/

10:30 AM

 
Blogger Kyle said...

thanks steve....nice work

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home